Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Missions Bug

There is something about the summer time that gives me the urge to leave the country for a few weeks and preach the gospel to the nations... I noticed this feeling my first summer after Belize. That was 5 years ago. In 2007 I did get to go to India... That was an incredible experience! I would love to go back... But at the same time I have so many other places I would love to visit as well... I am thinking the next on my list is probably Italy! I have some friends whom have just started settling into Rome as missionaries. I would love to take a small team there to work with them next year! But hey who knows what God has in store. This year I got to do something a little different... Investing in missions! My finances and Prayers have been invested in over 7 different missions trips and 10-12 different Countries. It is as if I have jumped on a plane and flew to Papua New Guinea or Europe and done the ministry myself! I get to be there in prayer. Knowing that God is not only changing the lives of the people being ministered to but also the lives of those doing the ministry! I get to be a part of something I couldn't have any other way! I urge everyone to Please invest in Missions... Whether Financially or in Prayer! Especially if you know someone who is going... Pray for them! If you don't know anyone who is on the mission field or who is going on a missions trip. Talk to you're pastor and find out some of the missionaries that your church is supporting.

God Bless & I love Y'all!

Alicia Zinn

No comments:

Post a Comment